The governing body of Elm Church of England Primary School applies the regulations on admissions fairly and equally to all those who wish to attend this school.
Do you need to apply?
If your child was born between 1 September 2016 and 31 August 2017, and you live in Cambridgeshire you need to apply for Reception.
Before you apply for a school place
- Check you are applying to the correct council. If you are a Cambridgeshire resident you will make your application through the Cambridgeshire Admissions Team, even if you want to apply for a school outside of Cambridgeshire.
- Research your options, understand what a catchment school is and how it affects your application and school transport. Look at admissions data, school's inspection results and performance data.
- Make sure you read the 'First Steps' document. This will explain the application process from start to finish. The booklet also contains a list of all the Infant, Junior and Primary schools in the Cambridgeshire area, along with their allocation criteria.
Making your application
You must apply online using our Citizen's Portal.
Please use our online enquiry form and select school admissions from the drop down menu.
In-year admissions (moving schools)
- An in-year admission could be a move between Cambridgeshire schools, or a move to a Cambridgeshire school from a school in a different county or country.
- To apply for a place at a school outside of Cambridgeshire you will need to apply to the local authority of the new school.
When can I apply?
- You can submit an application for a school place up to 30 school days before the intended start date.
- Please allow 10 school days before you enquire about the progress or status of your application.
- We will email your offer when it has been processed, we aim to process applications within 10 school days.
- If we have not received a valid application, or the correct documentary evidence, we will contact you – this will delay your offer of a place.