Testing for households of pupils
With testing available for secondary school pupils, and primary and secondary school staff via school, the government has offered households testing for families whose children access education or childcare. Primary school pupils will not be asked to test at this time. Details of this initiative can be found here.
From 1 March 2021, if you’re a member of a household, childcare bubble or support bubble of staff or a pupil you can get a twice-weekly test:
- through your employer if they offer testing to employees
- at a local test site
- by collecting a home test kit from a test site
- by ordering a home test kit online
Get a test through your employer
- Your workplace may offer rapid lateral flow testing to you. Contact your employer to find out more.
Take a test at a rapid lateral flow test site
- You can take a rapid lateral flow test at a local site. Testing at these sites is assisted, which means you will swab yourself under the supervision of a trained operator.
- You may need to book an appointment.
- Find your nearest rapid lateral flow test site. There are 7 sites across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
Collect test kits
- You can collect up to 4 home test kits at a local collection point. Each kit contains 7 tests.
- Anyone 18 or over can collect. You can check online if the location is busy before you go.
Order home test kits online
- If you cannot get tested at your workplace, or are unable to go to a test site or collect test kits, you can order a home test kit online. The online service will be available from 1 March 2021